This is a Cross-Post to our ClassWiki http://thirdgradediscoveries.pbwiki.com/May-Day-2008
May Day 2008 Research
What We know
1. May Day is celebrated on May 1st every year.
2. It is a day to remember Workers Rights.
3. It has to do with Immigrant Rights.
4. There was a big May Day March in Los Angeles on May 1st, 2006.
5. It can be confused for an Emergency Call; like when a plane is falling down.
What We learned
International Labor Day
It is a holiday in some countries.
It was started to fight for the 8 hour work day.
It is also a day to demand immigrant rights:
1. Stop deportations
2. Give immigrants full rights
3. legal papers.
We Still Have These Questions -- Generated by Mr. R
1. Why do people have to work two jobs?
2. Why do people have to sneak across the border?
3. Why can't I visit my grandparents in Mexico?
4. Why doesn't my mom/dad have a license to drive?
5. Why does the police have to take people back to their country?